Snapchat is an incredibly popular app that allows you to send photo and video messages that can only be viewed for a few seconds before “Self Destructing”. While jailbreaking allows you to download tweaks that add features to Snapchat, if you are unable to jailbreak or don’t want to, there is another way to extend the functionality of the popular app. By downloading an app called Extensify [ext link], you can make use of a tweak to modify Snapchat called Phantom.
Image : Phantom for Snapchat
Phantom Features :
Phantom for Snapchat [ext link] requires that you already have the official Snapchat app installed on your iOS device. It is fully compatible with all iOS versions from iOS 7 through iOS 9 and is packed full of neat features, including:
- Save Snaps so you can read them at your leisure
- Keep your Snaps open as long as you want by disabling Hold
- Let Snaps stay in your feed and mark them read when you are ready to
- Use a simple kill switch to enable or disable Phantom as you want
- Use multiple contacts at once for each message
Save your received media to :
- Camera roll
- Password-protected folder
- Specified photo album
Other features :
- Send photos and videos directly from camera roll
- Crop images within Phantom
- Shake to override the orientation
- Modify the background color, and the size, color and font of the text in the captions
- Set up notifications on your status bar and set up a notification sound
You can configure Phantom how you want it through a preferences pane in your Settings app when phantom is installed.
How to Download Phantom for Snapchat :
- Download Snapchat if needed [ ext link ]
- Download Extensify [ext link] using our detailed step by step guide
- Tap on the Extensify icon on your Home screen to use it
- Search for Phantom in Extensify
- When you find it tap on Get
- When Phantom has been built you can install it on your device.
In Extensify, the tweaks are known as Exos. Because they do not go into the system like Cydia tweaks do, you have to build a modified app with the Exo. Apps that have been modified with Extensify are denoted with a “+” sign at the end of the name so, when Phantom has been installed on your device, it will be labelled as Phantom +. Obviously, if you want more choice and you want the deeper tweaks, you will have to use PPHelper to jailbreak your device and Download Cydia [ext link].
Tell us what you think of Extensify as a jailbreak alternative and if Phantom for Snapchat worked for you. Follow us on Facebook for the latest news and developments sent to your email inbox.