Extensify is an app that allows you to modify stock apps or third party ones that come from the iOS app store to give them a little more functional and a few extra features over and above what you already have. This is similar to the way in which jailbreakers download tweaks but these ones are nowhere near as in-depth as Cydia [ext link] tweaks and there are not so many to choose from either.
Image : Extensify Helper Download
The tweaks in Extensify are called Exos and when you download an Exo the modified app is denoted with a + sign. If you were to download Cercube Exo to modify YouTube with, for example, the modified app would be called YouTube +. It is worth noting that you cannot have more than one of any app installed at the same time.
Do I Need a Computer ?
If you are on an older iOS version, between iOS 8 and iOS 9.2.1, you can use our download tutorial to get Extensify onto your iOS device without using a computer. However, iOS versions later than iOS 9.2.1 are a little trickier and you will need a computer along with an app called Extensify Helper.
How to Download Extensify with Extensify Helper :
- Download iTunes [ext link] if you don’t already have it. You will not need it open while you are installing Extensify but it does have to be installed on your computer
- Download Extensify Helper [ext link] for your Mac OS or Windows
- Connect your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad to your computer with the correct cable
- Open Extensify Helper
- On the “Trust this Computer” message, click on Trust
- You may now ignore any other popups that show up on the screen – just close them down by clicking the “x” in the corner
- Click Install Extensify from the drop-down menu on Extensify Helper
- Click on Start and leave your computer to install Extensify onto your iOS device
- When it has finished, you will see an icon for Extensify on your iOS home screen
Is it Free ?
Yes, and most of the Exos are also free to download and use. However, you may, on occasion, find that you will need to pay for one if you want to use it. This is because the developer has chosen to make the Exo a commercial package rather than free to use but they will show the price of the Exo very clearly
What are your thoughts on Extensify ? Will it make a difference to you between jailbreaks or not ? Follow us on Facebook to get more tips and tutorials straight to your inbox.