In just a few days, Apple’s iOS will be entering a new generation with the public release of iOS 10 download [ext link]. So far, the jailbreak teams have managed to keep up with the updates and, although there have been some gaps, on the whole, they have kept us supplied with jailbreak utilities. We can only hope that iOS 10 will be the same but we shouldn’t make the mistake of pinning all our hopes on it. Instead, we can download Cydia on iPhone and stick with that until Taig or Pangu can produce an iOS 10 jailbreak [ext link]. The following tutorials will show you how to download Cydia app [ext link] icon onto your home screen and how to download Cydia through PPHelper jailbreak. We have also included a video tutorial to make things even easier for you.
Image : Cydia Download
Downloading Cydia Tutorial :
There are two methods at your disposal for downloading Cydia on iPhone :
- Through Safari browser on your iOS device
- Through PPHelper jailbreak
Method 1: Safari Browser
It will suit those who are new to iOS and | or jailbreaking, as it will give you instant access to all the latest jailbreak updates via the Cydia app icon. It is a reversible process.
- If your iOS device has not been updated to iOS 9 or later, do it now because otherwise this method cannot be used
- On your iPhone or iPad, launch Safari browser. Please don’t try this with any other browser that you may be using as it will not work
- When Safari has opened, go to the address bar and type in cydiaios7.com Tap on Go to load the page
- The page that opens has been designed for this purpose so find the UP arrow and tap it – It will be on the top of the screen if you use an iPad and the bottom if you use an iPhone.
- IN the next screen tap on Add to HomeScreen
- Now you need to give the app icon a new name so call it Cydia
- Tap on Add and then shut Safari down
- You will now be able to tap on the Cydia app icon on your home screen for instant access to Cydia updates
Video : The video below shows you all of these steps
Method 2 : PPHelper Jailbreak
If your iPhone or iPad is on iOS 9.2 to iOS 9.3.3, you can install PPHelper jailbreak and download Cydia onto your device. Use the guide at the given link which contains download links and a full step-by-step tutorial.
When you have successfully downloaded Cydia onto your iOS device, launch the app and download Cydia Eraser [ext link]. This is a vital app to help you out should you ever need to restore your device and remove the jailbreak. Also, do make sure you read the tweak descriptions in Cydia before you download them as not all of them will be compatible with iOS 9.3.5 and could cause problems for you.
Stay in the loop with all the latest Cydia developments by following us on Facebook.