Evasi0n untethered jailbreak was released in February to jailbreak a wide range of iOS devices running on iOS 6. While the majority of people have already jailbroken their iPhone, iPod or iPad there are some who haven’t got round to downloading evasion yet. Of course, if you upgraded your device to 6.1.3 when Apple released it, unless you have an iPhone 4, 3GS or iPod Touch 4, you will not be able to jailbreak anyway.
There is not going to be a jailbreak for 6.1.3 or 6.1.4; the next utility will be released for iOS 7 which is due for public release in September. The jailbreak will follow sometime after that. In readiness for it, there are some things you should be aware of before downloading evasion untethered jailbreak utilities:
- Before you start downloading evasi0n make sure all of your data is backed up – use iTunes or iCloud.
- If you have a lock passcode on your device, disable it – it will interfere with the jailbreak
- While downloading evasi0n, do not use anything that is related to iOS or iTunes as it will cause problems
- If you run into trouble while you are downloading evasi0n it is safe to reboot and restart the download
- OS X 10.8 Users – right click on evasi0n and choose Open to avoid error messages popping up
- Make sure that your device is on the supported list before you start downloading evasi0n
Should you encounter any issues evad3rs, responsible for evasi0n, are available for help and support.