With no jailbreak in sight for the foreseeable future, with the exception of one rather dubious one, jailbreakers are starting to wonder when they are going to be able to modify their iPhones and iPads again. Although we have seen proof of iOS 9.3.2 and iOS 9.3.3 Jailbreak [ext link] on beta 1 from Italian hacker Luca Todesco, we know that he will not release them to the public. Another team by the name of GSMagic, from Greece, has also released a video showing the latest beta jailbroken and are hinting at a public release by a certain date, with the proviso that, if it isn’t released by that date, it won’t be released. So, don’t hold your breath waiting for it – if it comes out, we’ll let you know.
Image : Mojo Installer Download
So, what alternatives are there ? Well, there is one decent alternative that goes by the name of Mojo Installer [ext link]. This is an app installer that has similar features to Cydia [ext link], with two major differences :
- First, you don’t have to jailbreak to install it and
- Second, it doesn’t hold as much content as Cydia.
However, it does work in the same way, in that you can download external apps and tweaks, specifically those that you will not find in the iOS app store and you can also add repositories to it.
Mojo Installer Features at a Glance :
- You don’t need to jailbreak
- You can use Mojo Installer on any version of the iOS
- Although you don’t get as much as Cydia, you do get a fair number of tweaks that you can use on iOS stock and app store apps , notably vShare [ext link]
- Mojo offers a choice of packages and you can add Mojo Sources [ext link]
- The Quick Search tool will help you to find what you are looking for
- Use the Package History to keep an eye on what you have downloaded
While Mojo isn’t Cydia, it is a good app to try, for those of you who are waiting for a jailbreak and for those who simply don’t want to jailbreak. It isn’t as simple as downloading an app from iOS app store but, if you follow these steps carefully, it won’t take you long to earn how to use the Mojo installer app.
How to Download Mojo Installer :
- Launch Safari browser on your iOS device
- In the address bar, type in one of these – mojoinstaller.org or mojoapp.net
- Look for the UP arrow on the chosen website when it loads – if you have an iPhone it will be at the bottom, whereas iPad users will find it at the top of the screen
- Tap on it and, when the list of options appears, select and tap on Add to Home Screen
- Give your app a name, perhaps Mojo, and then tap on Add to save it
- Close Safari down and you should see the app icon on your home screen
Video: The following video explains these steps for you
How to Use Mojo Installer :
Using Mojo is dead simple:
- Open the app from your home screen
- Search for apps or add repositories that contain more apps and tweaks
- Download any that you are interested in and they will be applied to your device.
Have you used Mojo Installer yet ? What do you think of it ? Follow us for access to tips and tutorials like this one .