Just before Christmas Evasi0n 7 was released to jailbreak all compatible devices on iOS 7. Barely a week later, Winocm and iH8sn0w released P0sixpwn for iOS 6.1.3 to 6.1.5. However, it was only compatible with the Mac operating system with a promise that the Windows version would be released in due course.
Image : Posixpwn iPhone Jailbreak
That day has arrived and today Windows users can now download P0sixpwn and jailbreak their iOS devices. The following devices, running on iOS 6.1.3, 6.1.4 and 6.1.5 are supported by the jailbreak .
Supported Devices :
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 5
- iPod Touch 4th Generation
- iPod Touch 5th Generation
- iPad 2
- iPad 3
- iPad 4
- iPad Mini 1st Generation
Winocm tells us that this is a far more stable version of the jailbreak than that for the Mac so, if you used the Mac version and had trouble with, try it again on a Windows pc and it should be OK.
How to Jailbreak iOS 6.1.3-6.1.5 using P0sixpwn:
- Back up your iOS device using iTunes before you do anything else – if things should go wrong at least you won’t lose everything
- If it is enabled, disable Encrypt iTunes Backup
- Download P0sixpwn for Windows – it will download as a zip file
- Unzip and extract the file to your desktop
- Right-click the application and select Open – if it won’t open, choose Open as Administrator
- If you have a passcode set on your iOS device, disable it now
- Connect your device to your pc and wait for P0sixpwn to recognize it
- Click on Jailbreak
- You should not touch your device or computer during the procedure unless the jailbreak utility asks you to
- Follow all on-screen instructions until the jailbreak installation is complete and your device reboots into a jailbroken state.