Much of the iOS 7 talk at the moment seems to be about the problems that some users are experiencing with iMessage and FaceTime. Unfortunately, whenever Apple releases a new firmware, their servers tend to get backed up with the rush of users wanting to download. Some people are finding that iMessage and FaceTime are kicking up “Stuck at Activation” messages. There are a couple of things you can try to get past this screen but, on the whole, it is an issue with the servers and, if none of these things work, you will have to find a little patience and wait for things to die down a little.
Disable Email Addresses and Reset :
One user has discovered that if you disable the email addresses set for FaceTime and iMessage and then reset everything you can get past the error screen:
- Open Settings
- Tap on Messages
- Tap on Send and Receive
- Disable all the email addresses listed for iMessage
- Exit Settings and turn iMessage off
- Leave it all switched off for around 10 minutes or so and the re-activate iMessage . If that doesn’t work, try the next method .
Change your Network :
While errors with networks are few and far between, they do happen. It might help to try a different network so, if you are using your home Wi-Fi go and try a different one somewhere else. There is only a small chance that this will work bit it is worth a try.
Reset Network Settings :
This may work for you:
- Open Settings
- Tap on General
- Tap on Reset
- Tap on Reset Network Settings
Once everything has been reset, you will need to re-enter your network data and router login details. If this fails try the next step .
Remove and Re-Insert SIM Card
This is a manual reset of a kind and, as it only takes a minute or two, it’s worth a shot:
- Shut down your device and take the SIM card out.
- Wait a minute and then put the SIM card back in and switch your device on again.
- Give your carrier a bit of time to reconnect and then try connecting to your Wi-Fi network
- Switch off your Cellular data – do this in Settings
- Try sending a text message
- Switch on iMessage
If none of the above has worked for you all you can do is wait for the servers to free up a little bit. If you have found any other fixes for the problem, please let us know in the comments box below.