In a totally unannounced move, evad3rs have just released evasi0n 7 for all compatible devices on iOS 7 to 7.0.4. As with evasi0n for iOS 6, it is a fairly straightforward procedure to download the jailbreak but for those who are new or who need a little assistance, this guide will walk you through the procedure.
Image : Evasi0n iOS 7 Download and Installation Guide
Evasi0n 7 is compatible with the following devices on iOS 7 up to 7.0.4 :
- iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C
- iPad 2, 3, 4, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2 with Retina
- iPod Touch 5
It will not work on anything older than these devices nor is it compatible with Apple TV or any device on iOS 6+ . Before you begin, please make sure you take a backup of your device using iTunes or iCloud, or even both just to be on the safe side.
How to Download and Install Evasi0n 7 :
1. Download Evasi0n 7 – make sure you choose the correct version for your operating system
2. Locate the file and double click on it to run it . 3. Remove the passcode from your iOS device if you have one set – you can always enable it again afterwards:
- Open your Settings app
- Tap on General
- Tap on Passcode Lock
- Tap to disable it
4. Connect your iOS device to your PC or Mac using the USB cable
5. Evasi0n should pop up a message confirming that the device has been detected and the Jailbreak button will be available
6. Click on the Jailbreak button and let the utility do its work. Do not touch your device or computer unless you are asked to do so.
7. The final step to the download will be when you are asked to tap on the evasi0n icon on your device Home screen – do so
Time Required : 5 Minutes
The whole process should take no more than 5 minutes and you should expect your iOS device to reboot several times. It is perfectly safe for you to start again should anything go wrong – all you need to do is reboot your device and start the program over again.
Video : 5 Minute Evasion Jailbreak Tutorial on Video
While it has come as a surprise to the jailbreak community as a whole, the release also caught Saurik, creator of Cydia on the hop as well. As such, he has not yet been able to test the jailbreak and there is a high chance of you running into a few issues with Cydia and some of the apps and tweaks therein.
We already know that there is a problem with those that rely on MobileSubstrate so it would be a good idea to only download those that are compatible with iOS 7 for now. If we hear of any other issues we will report them to you and, if you come across any, please let us know in the comments box below.
|Share on Facebook|| |