Yesterday, in a surprise and unannounced move, evad3rs released the untethered jailbreak for iOS 7. It is compatible with all iPhones from the 3GS upwards, the iPad 2 and above and he iPod Touch 5th Generation, so long as they are running iOS 7 through to 7.0.4.
Image : iOS 7 Evasi0n Jailbreak Problem Apple Logo Stuck
Many iOS users have rushed to download the jailbreak but it is turning out to be somewhat unstable at the moment with a variety of issues being reported. It is worth mentioning that not even the creator of Cydia, Saurik, was informed of the release, so compatibility with many of the tweaks and apps on Cydia is a bit shaky.
One of the main issues that has been reported is that iOS devices are getting stuck at the Apple logo screen when the device reboots after installing the jailbreak. There is a very high chance that this is nothing to do with instability of the jailbreak.
Jailbreak developers have always warned people not to upgrade their firmwares via OTA updates as these most definitely interfere with the workings of the utility. Most of those who are experiencing the issue of the Apple logo screen have most likely done just that. To get out of this you need to carry out a hard reset and restore. Make sure you have a backup of the data and contents of your device first, something you should always do before you apply a jailbreak :
Steps to Fix Evasion 7 Jailbreak Problem :
- Connect your iOS device to your PC with the USB cable and open iTunes
- Hold down the Power and Home buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds
- Let go of the Power button and continue to hold the Home button until you see a Device Detected in Recovery message in iTunes
- Hold down SHIFT [on windows] or Alt if you use a Mac system and, at the same time click on Restore in iTunes
- iTunes will now restore your device to iOS 7.0.4
- Try to install Evasi0n 7 again – it should now work.
If you find the same error, you can do nothing except follow the above steps again and wait for evad3rs to release an update to evasi0n for iOS 7.
Let us know how you get on with jailbreaking your device using this utility, or if you have decided to wait until things are a little more stable. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and subscribe to our newsletter to stay up to date with the latest news.Sponsored Links
|Share on Facebook||
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe