As everybody should be aware by now, Evasi0n 7 was released just prior to Christmas 2013. Despite a few teething issues, most of the initial problems with the untethered utility have now been resolved through a number of recent updates.
Image : Evasi0n 7 Jailbreak Tutorial
For those who have not yet used evasi0n 7 to jailbreak, read on for our step by step guide in how to do so safely. The jailbreak is compatible with any device that is compatible with iOS 7+.
How to Prepare for iOS 7 Evasion :
Since evasi0n 7 was released, there have been a number of updates to clear up several issues that arose with compatibility and errors that several users encountered. If you have upgraded your iOS 7 version at any time using Over the Air updates you will need to restore your device first – jailbreak utilities and Over the Air updates do not go hand in hand:
- Connect your device to your computer with the USB connector cable
- Open iTunes
- Now place your device into DFU mode :
- Hold Power and Home buttons on your device simultaneously for 10 seconds
- Release the Power button
- Continue to hold Home button until iTunes displays a Device in Recovery message
- To restore your device, hold the SHIFT key, or ALT of you are using a MAC and then click on RESTORE in iTunes
- iTunes will now proceed to restore your device to the latest version of iOS 7
You can now go ahead and download Evasi0n 7 and jailbreak your device with it. The whole process, depending on your internet connection, should take no more than 5 minutes.
You Will Need :
- Evasi0n 7 – make sure to download the correct version for your operating system – support is provided for Mac, Windows and Linux
- Your iOS device
- USB Connection cable
- Internet connection – wireless or wired
- 5 minutes
How to Install Evasi0n 7 and Jailbreak your Device
- Make sure, when you download evasi0n 7 that you make a note of where it is downloaded to [link]
- Locate and open Evasi0n 7. If you use Windows and the app will not open, try right-clicking on the app and choosing Run as Administrator
- Make sure your iOS device is connected to your Mac or PC
- Do not open iTunes – if it launches automatically, shut it down
- Evasi0n 7 should now detect your iOS device
- Click on the big Jailbreak button this will be highlighted once your device has been detected
- Now leave everything alone – evasi0n 7 will run through the process of jailbreaking your device
- Keep an eye on it as you will be asked to tap on the Evasi0n icon on the Home screen of you device
- Once you have done this Evasi0n 7 will continue until your device reboots for the last time into a jailbroken state – you will know when the procedure is complete because Cydia will appear on one of your Home screens
Have you jailbroken your device using Evasi0n 7 ? Let us know how you go on and if you encountered any issues. Fixes for a couple of the more common problems can be found below:
If Evasi0n gets stuck or either of the above fixes do not work try following the steps at the top of this article for restoring through iTunes and starting again.
Evasi0n is being regularly updated to fix issues so be patient – if you cannot get the jailbreak to work on your device, another update will be along shortly and you should be able to proceed without any problems.