Just before Christmas 2013, in an unprecedented stealth move, Evad3rs released evasi0n 7, the iOS 7 untethered jailbreak utility. It didn’t get off to a good start though, with many people experiencing problems with the installation or getting stuck at the Apple logo screen after installing.
Image : Evasion 7 Update over OTA
While some of these problems could be attributed to the user upgrading their iOS version OTA, a good proportion were down to incompatibility issues and the fact that Cydia was not the official version.
Over the last couple of weeks, evad3rs have released a few updates to the utility in a bid to improve the stability and make it more reliable. Today, they released v1.0.4 to bring fixes for security and reboot problems on the iPad Mini 2 with Retina.
As well as that, they have also updated the Evasi0n 7 Untether package on Cydia for those who used an earlier version of evasi0n 7 to jailbreak their devices. If you did use one of these earlier versions there is no need to rejailbreak, you can simply install the new 0.3 Untether package directly from Cydia.
How to Install Evasi0n 7 Untether 0.3 via OTA
- Open Cydia from the Home screen of your device
- Tap on Changes – you should automatically see the update package for Evasi0n 7 Untether listed
- There are 2 ways to install – either tap the Upgrade button, found at the top right of your screen, or tap on the package itself and then tap on Modify
- Tap on Confirm
- When the install has finished you will be presented with a Reboot device button – tap on it
- When your iOS device has rebooted the security issues will have been fixed.
Download PC Version :
The security issues that affected the iPad Mini 2 were found in the update for evasi0n – v 1.0.4 so you will need to install this first. To install the update to evasi0n you can click on the link relevant to your operating system on the evasi0n website and then follow our guide for safe jailbreaking here.