While iOS 7 has been downloaded onto millions of devices, for one reason or another, many opted to stay on iOS 6. The main reason behind this was that there was no jailbreak for iOS 7, however, in an unannounced move, Evad3rs released Evasi0n 7 for iOS 7 just before Christmas.
Image : PosixPwn Jailbreak Tool for iOS 6.1.4
However, there has been a great deal of talk about an untethered tool for iOS 6.1.3 to 6.1.5 and, as promised, that utility has now been released. It’s goes by the name of P0sixpwn and the free download is fully compatible with Mac OS X
only – a Windows version is on the way though and Windows OS . The download process is pretty much the same as it is for Evasi0n 7 and, indeed, many who have used the iOS 7 one will notice a lot of similarities between the two utilities. Full on-screen instructions are provided and, once complete, will result in an untethered jailbreak on your device.
How to Download and Install P0sixpwn :
Provided your iPhone, iPad or iPod is running iOS 6.1.3, 6.1.4 or 6.1.5, this tool will work. You will need about 5 minutes of time, a Mac computer, your device and the USB cable. The first step is to back up your iOS device:
- Connect your device to your Mac and launch iTunes
- Click on Device Summary and navigate down to the BackUp section
- Click on BackUp and iTunes will back your device up to your PC
- For extra precaution, click on the iCloud option and back your device up there as well – better safe than sorry.
- Download P0sixpwn for Mac OS X and Windows [Updated]
- Open the app and connect your iOS device to your Mac
- As soon as p0sixpwn detects your device, click on the Jailbreak button
- Do not touch your device during the process unless the utility asks you to
- Your device will restart a few time during the procedure with the end result of a successfully jailbroken iOS 6.1.3-6.1.5 device.
Do let us know if you install p0sixpwn and how you get on. In the meantime, may we take this opportunity to thank all our readers and subscribers for your continued support .
Get Updates on this topic. Subscribe